MARINA OSWALD




JOHN McADAMS SAID:

The key thing is that Marina [Oswald] has never backed off her testimony. She affirmed all the key elements of it to [Priscilla] McMillan [author of "Marina And Lee"], and to the HSCA, and even as late as the 1990s to Oprah.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

And even later than that, John. Marina told Vincent Bugliosi on November 30, 2000, that she took the backyard photos and she also re-confirmed for Bugliosi that LHO had taken a shot at General Walker:

"Although...I did not come to interrogate Marina about the facts of the case, since this had already been done ad nauseam, a few references to factual matters were made. When she insisted on Oswald's innocence, suggesting he would never do such a murderous act, I reminded her that he had, in fact, attempted to murder Major General Edwin Walker, and she readily admitted he had, telling me she knew this because "Lee told me he did."

But she hastened to add that the president was different because "Lee liked Kennedy." And [Fort Worth lawyer and friend of Bugliosi's] Jack Duffy, who has studied the assassination for years and leans toward the conspiracy theory, asked Marina if she had taken "the backyard photos" of Oswald holding the Carcano rifle. "Yes," she answered evenly, "I did." "That settles that issue," Duffy said."
-- Page 1487 of "Reclaiming History" by Vincent Bugliosi

----------------

To be fair, there is also this excerpt from Bugliosi's book relating to Vincent's interview with Marina Oswald on November 30, 2000:

"Marina, wearing very light makeup, was dressed in the most inexpensive of slacks and a pullover sweater. There was no sense of the modern woman about her, and her clothing and demeanor still spoke of the old country to me.

She told me she feels "very strongly" that her former husband did not kill Kennedy. When I reminded her that she told the Warren Commission and the FBI that she believed he had killed Kennedy, the essence of her long, rambling explanation was that "all that they showed me against him led me to believe it."

I asked her if the authorities ever told her what to say or threatened her in any way. She said they never told her what to say, but "they kept talking to me over and over again. I was exhausted, and had a four-week-old child, and at one point I didn't want to answer—the word, I think, is 'tattle on'—my friends and relatives in Russia. And I felt their questions about them were not relevant, but they told me if I wanted to stay here in this country, I'd have to answer all their questions." "
-- Page 1486 of "Reclaiming History"


DAVID VON PEIN ALSO SAID:

Regarding Marina's alleged fear of being "deported" back to Russia....

I want someone to tell me why being sent back to Russia would have been a fate worse than death for Mrs. Marina Oswald in 1964?

She should probably have been anxious to get back to her homeland after the assassination. She had very few friends in the United States. She couldn't speak English very well. She had no job. So why on Earth would she fear being "deported" so much, as many conspiracy theorists seem to believe?

I would think she'd be wanting to hop on the very first plane headed for her home, her family members, and many of her Russian friends.

David Von Pein
September 10, 2010
February 8, 2015


===========================


MARINA OSWALD'S WARREN COMMISSION TESTIMONY CAN BE FOUND HERE AND HERE.



MARINA OSWALD'S HSCA TESTIMONY IS HERE. [AUDIO VERSION BELOW.]





===========================


Below is a KRLD-TV interview with Marina Oswald from early 1964, two months after President Kennedy's death. This was Marina's first interview with the
press following the assassination:





===========================


News conference with Marina Oswald
on February 7, 1964:





===========================


Marina Oswald is interviewed on
"The Dick Cavett Show" in 1977:





===========================


Here's another interview with Marina
(via NBC-TV in 1993):





===========================


Marina Oswald on Oprah Winfrey's show
(November 22, 1996):





===========================





===========================


MORE PHOTOS OF
MARINA OSWALD:























===========================


RELATED LINKS: